Indie Anorak

Welcome to Indie Anorak - my musings on indie pop and rock. It's aimed at people like me, who spend far too much time in the pub wittering on about their favourite Smiths b-sides and best '60s singles.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Miserable singer/songwriter alert!


I'm a sucker for miserable singer/songwriter types - I tend to get a lot of them wanting to be my My Space friends! The sad thing is, I usually always agree.
Thankfully, the latest tortured artist to ask me for My Space friendship is actually great. I had a pleasant surprise when Richard Hodgekins popped into my inbox.
His debut single, Everytime I Breakdown, is a fragile, skewed piano ballad in the vein of Ed Harcourt or Ryan Adams. In fact, with his dark 'bedhead' hair and constant cigarette, Richard looks just like Ryan.
Richard and his band Scared will be playing dates soon. Watch this space for more details.


Click here for more info on Richard Hodgekins

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is rather good!

www.richardhodgekins.com

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. This guy is awesome!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home